Re: A quarter century of Area 51 research

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Vahe Demirjian (Member since 04/28/2022) on December 26, 2023 at 20:37:55 PST:

I first surfed this website nearly two decades ago, but after getting to know more about hypersonic air-breathing technology and in light of deployment of the RQ-170 and the unmasking of an unmanned and subsonic SR-71 successor in a December 2013 issue of AW&ST, I decided to joined this website last year. I couldn't have been more humbled to remind you that the page titled "Secret U.S. Aircraft Projects at Groom Lake" being outdated due to the fact that: (1) Copper Coast was actually a USAF tactical evaluation program and has nothing to do with hypersonics; (2) the aircraft seen by Chris Gibson over the North Sea in August 1989 was almost certainly no hypersonic aircraft, let alone a classified spyplane, given the immaturity of hypersonic air-breathing engine tech in the 1980s; (3) rumors about the non-existent "F-121 Sentinel" being either a Mach 3+ spyplane or a VTOL machine with an antigravity engine are both plain wrong and come nowhere near the truth; and (4) there is no evidence that the USAF ever tested a hypersonic boost glide vehicle over Groom Lake.

As a side note, before you founded this website, were you skeptical of the hypothesis that the "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails seen in the late 1980s and 1990s were created by a pulse detonation wave engine or hypersonic vehicle, given that PDWE technology had yet to be tested in flight and a news item in the March 1998 issue of Popular Mechanics mentioned photos of an SR-71 in flight releasing streams of spherical puffs from its jet engines that closely resembled the "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails?

In Reply to: A quarter century of Area 51 research posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 26, 2023 at 14:58:00 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: