Re: Area's other than NTTR

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by blade75769 (Member since 03/31/2006) on June 07, 2023 at 12:36:52 PST:

There are a few disadvantages to San Clemente, San Nic, and Dugway. The main being the lack of hangars and support structure. The other being the large amount of uncleared contractors and foreign personnel that are often at these bases. Not that is not to say that they aren't used.

I know for a fact that one company had a project, believed to be a UAV, operating out of San Nic for a while years ago. It flew frequently at night and everyone not cleared was confined indoors at night. I have never heard another whisper about what it could have been and I honestly believe it was pretty far along in development.

Dugway does have checkpoints that could easily be used to isolate the airfield for a test. I also don't believe there is anywhere on public land where you can see the runway. It is definitely a great location in that respect. It never had the feel of a site that supported black projects though. At one point there was even a poster hanging in base ops of every "secret" UAV that was currently there.

I have always loved the Alaska train of thought. I just think the remoteness would be an issue specifically for search and rescue if something went south. There is definitely no unknown remote airfield up there because someone would have found it by now.

In Reply to: Area's other than NTTR posted by Tars on June 07, 2023 at 9:13:00 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: