Re: Area's other than NTTR

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on June 07, 2023 at 13:13:31 PST:

This may or may not have anything to do with Black Projects in Alaska. About 20 years ago my dad and I did the Northwest Passage on a German research vessel and ice breaker. I have always wanted to do a web site about the trip, but sadly now I lost all the photos in the FBI raid.

Anyway, the very infrequently traveled route (our boat was one of less than 100 that had ever sailed that route at the time) leads east to west along the northern edge of the American continent. We mostly stayed close to the coast with some excursions to land. Before we entered the waters of the Alaskan coast from the north an American "guide" came on board. He clearly was in a position of authority and his demeanor had spook written all over it. I believe that he was there to deconflict our boat with missions going on in that area and to prevent landings in areas we were not cleared to see. We did see some of the old DEW line stations from sea, but were not allowed to land there.

In Reply to: Re: Area's other than NTTR posted by blade75769 on June 07, 2023 at 12:36:52 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: