Public Service Announcement

Message posted by GoSlash27 (Member since 06/01/2018) on April 15, 2021 at 19:04:20 PST:

All,
I have had some concerns about the freedom with which potentially sensitive information has been shared around here lately, and I feel a bit uncomfortable approaching it, but I think it needs to be said, so please bear with me...
I don't know the protocol for sensitive info and if I did I wouldn't admit it *BUT*... I'm pretty sure that spilling the beans on current research is a "really bad idea" © . After all, this is a publicly accessible forum and not everybody who can read what is posted here has our best interest at heart.
I urge anyone who is "in the know" to think twice before clicking the 'post message' button. If you're citing a source in the public domain, then by all means have at it (and please post the source so we can all enjoy), but if you're working in some secret government lab somewhere, I really think it's best for all of us if you just not talk about this stuff. "Loose lips" and all that. Not everyone who reads these posts is merely inquisitive.

Thanks,
-Slashy

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]