Re: Close-up of two jets departing Area 51 for a secret mission

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by noskcaJ (Member since 09/21/2022) on September 18, 2024 at 9:59:22 PST:

Thanks for sharing that longer story earlier! Helps to give a bigger picture. There is still a piece inside of me that believes it was doing a stunt like in the link provided, only in your instance it looked a little higher, further away, with no clouds or objects to gauge its speed. If you watched it hover for multiple minutes that would be different, but with such a quick view and the jet doing exactly that manoeuvre when it goes behind the plant, it leads me to think it was doing it the whole time.

Now about the takeoff plane:

I think its possible its an F35. Would make less sense to be a different F35, so if it is an F35, its most likely the one in the video. If someone is landing at groom they must be a "higher up" to have the clearance to do so. Someone pointed out its an Edwards F35c test plane, and I agree as I paused the video at the right time and could just about make out the E and D on the vertical stabilizers. Would an Edwards test pilot have the clearance, and a reason, to land at groom?

Attached link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRVY6gV2reA

In Reply to: Re: Close-up of two jets departing Area 51 for a secret mission posted by n01_b4_flash on September 18, 2024 at 8:32:57 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: