Re: Trip to Groom

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on June 30, 2022 at 21:12:13 PST:

Both the Sunset View Motel and the Alamo Inn are good, safe and clean places to stay. Definitely better and a lot cheaper than the very "rustic" accommodations in Rachel and much closer to the Tikaboo trailhead. The next closest motel would be all the way back in Vegas, or in Caliente, which is really out of your way if you want to explore this area.

I hope someone else can chime in with tips for car rentals. Alamo used to be relatively inexpensive. Locations off the airport are probably much cheaper.

I would advise against hiking Tikaboo by yourself if you have never done the hike. Get a good GPS (and learn how to use it) and program in the waypoints from our Tikaboo directions in the maps section. Do not rely on mapping apps on your phone unless you know for a fact that they don't require a connection. There is no cell service for most of the hike.

Lastly, if you find our site useful in planning your trip I would love a trip report with some photos. Enjoy your visit.

In Reply to: Trip to Groom posted by AviationLover on June 30, 2022 at 11:20:00 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: