Trip to Groom

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by AviationLover (Member since 06/30/2022) on June 30, 2022 at 11:20:00 PST:

Hello all,

I'm going to visit Nevada later this year and my aim is to observe Groom from atop Tikaboo. This is the main goal.
My plan includes 10-14 days trip to sum it up. I would like to do the whole trip the most economically I can, so I'm ready for somekind of survival :) As for a date and time of the travel I think it will be autumn(September/October).

I would leave here a few questions:

1. Rachel is kinda long distance from Tikaboo so I guess the best option is to stay in Alamo. Sunset View Inn has good marks and is generally cheap. It is my first option when it comes to accomodation.
Alamo is a good place as there is an easy access to Tikaboo road from there.
Are there any other accomodation places you would recommend?

2. Car rental. I believe I need to rent a car. Nowadays, prices at McCarran airport are silly so I could use some different companies off the airport to make it cheaper. Then, what would you recommend?

3. Is there anyone who would like to join in during my time over there and climb Tikaboo together.

This will be my first trip to the area. Need to prepare right way so any recommendations are welcome.

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: