Re: The WarZone: Area 51 Test Pilot’s Mysterious Death Happened Flying An Su-27: Report

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on May 08, 2022 at 19:30:38 PST:

From what I understand the date on the world imagery wayback site is the date an image was _published_, not when it was taken. So earlier posts questioning the accuracy of the dates are correct as far as the date an image was taken is concerned. Unfortunately I have not found a way to display the date an image was taken on that site.

If the dates in the images Gabriel posted are correct the area of disturbed soil cannot be the Su-27 site but is very likely the RQ-180 site in 2016. How a trained SAR crew can mistake that site, with a clear road leading to it, mistake for a fresh crash site is beyond me. I am beginning to question that part of the story.

Regardless, we seem to have found the RQ-180 site. According to independent information I have the Su-27 site would be in the same general area.

In Reply to: Re: The WarZone: Area 51 Test Pilot’s Mysterious Death Happened Flying An Su-27: Report posted by Peter Merlin on May 08, 2022 at 18:40:22 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: