Re: Area 51 Still Worth Visiting? & Some 90s Nostalgia

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Eddie (Member since 12/17/2022) on May 29, 2024 at 8:29:45 PST:

Hi Ellie,
Having just been in the area last Friday I can tell that you won't be disappointed. Every trip out has been a little different than the last, and everyone that I have met has been very friendly. The mailbox itself may be gone, but the location is and will be there. It's still a great place to stop and take in the area. For me there is just a different feeling in the air around the area that's hard to explain..As others have said the folks at the Inn and the gas station are always very welcoming and helpful and will share some pretty cool stories. The back gate is a great stop, just be mindful of staying on public land which is easy to do and just take in the area. You may even be "lucky" enough to get the horn treatment from the cammos! All that being said, the high desert is very different from anything in Ohio. I'm from the Northeast and I assure you that the vastness out there is much different and hard to explain or comprehend until you see it for yourself. I'd recommend using one of the larger rental car agencies and renting g tje standard size SUV for a vehicle. The roads around the base and surrounding area can be a bit rough, so the suv is more able to comfortably travel them than a car would. Bring water and just be aware of your surroundings, and remember that the area is free range, meaning you may very likeley encounter cattle on the road. I'll be posting a trip review with a few photos in the next few days, and tjere are many others to read that are bith fun reads amd helpful. I hope that helps, and no matter what, just jave fun!!

In Reply to: Area 51 Still Worth Visiting? & Some 90s Nostalgia posted by Ellie on May 28, 2024 at 18:01:46 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: