Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo!

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on December 01, 2023 at 2:32:32 PST:

Well a serious question, are you saying it as a fact or your personal guess? If that is a fact, then, what values are we speaking here, how many $$ for a cancelled mission?

I guess, if true, it probably depends on factors, sensitivity of a project among other things.

But again, mission cancellation is something up to government or contractor(in case if article in question is inhouse development work). That's why I was surprised atop of the top of the Peak as it was always a suppose/best guess that the base checks Tikaboo spotters/visitors and in the end it ruled out they indeed can cancel a mission because there is someone watching them from 26 miles away. Maybe decisions of a cancellation or non-cancellation comes from the type of spotter - if they see someone with spotting scope or long lense camera and scanner, they may cancel mission as they know they would most probably be observed and results of it being photos or videos, or/and maybe if they just see someone who seems be a traveller/regular adventurer they may don't care.
I want to say that it would be illogical for them to keep Tikaboo open in case they would cancel missions regularly each time there is someone atop. With all the years of spotting fares or cancellation fees would be higher than paying for land grab alone. Just my guess or line of thinking.

In Reply to: Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo! posted by NotTelling on November 30, 2023 at 22:35:35 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: