Fast mover sighting by former JSOC operator

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Skeet (Member since 06/29/2022) on November 07, 2023 at 16:17:16 PST:

I stumbled upon this episode of the Team House podcast with a former RRC operator where he details a recent fast mover sighting he had over "the desert out west" during a training exercise with the 24th Special Tactics Squadron.

It's mentioned after 2:06:55: https://youtu.be/jWh2gBWNXRM?t=7604

He describes the sighting as looking like a "boat ripping across the sky leaving a wake behind it" and "moving from horizon to horizon in a matter of seconds, but it was way up there" with no sound.

He goes on to mention reaching out to an ex-pilot buddy of his now working at Skunkworks confirming that they have manned hypersonic's. That echo's Dr. Mark Lewis' comments on the Def & Aero Report podcast. Make of that what you will.

Nevertheless, I found the "wake" part of the account most interesting. My question to the more knowledgeable members of this forum is would a visible "wake" be expected when viewing a hypersonic aircraft fly by?

Worth noting he states he was wearing "31's" night vision at the time (AN/PVS-31 likely the C model the USAF use) which can see the near infrared end of the spectrum. Would a wake be visible in either visible light or near infrared?

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: