Re: New Area 51 video taken from Tikaboo Peak

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on May 17, 2023 at 17:54:16 PST:

You have a good point there. As others have said, there is a remote controlled "weather" camera right at the top. I did some digging years ago and was able to establish a direct administrative connection between the camera and the Air Force.

I am almost certain there are road sensors along the last part of the access road. So there is no doubt they know someone is up there.

Could a group hike up and return minus one? I think that is a possibility, if you catch my drift.

But overall I think satellites are the main issue. I know from first hand accounts how that affected operations many years ago. With more and more satellites up there (and not all of them in a predictable orbit...) I am sure that is a real pain now. Most, if not all, sight sensitive missions are conducted at night, preferably between midnight and 3am. That is the way it has been for decades.

In Reply to: Re: New Area 51 video taken from Tikaboo Peak posted by Casper on May 17, 2023 at 16:52:20 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: