Re: New Area 51 video taken from Tikaboo Peak

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Casper (Member since 01/24/2011) on May 17, 2023 at 16:52:20 PST:

I've got a question and I want to be very clear that I'm not taking a dig at n01_b4_flash or Gabe or any of our other awesome contributing photographers. I think you guys are awesome and I'd love to join you someday just to check it off my bucket list.

We assume (know) that base security are aware when people are up on Tikaboo or pretty much anywhere else in the area that may have a viewpoint, right?

So, do we know whether they put the base on lockdown when that happens? I imagine some kind of notification or alarm to put all the toys away because someone is making their way up to the peak or skirting the box in
a Piper Cub.

How often do people actually climb up there? Is it weekly, or is it rare enough that it doesn't really affect base operations to hold projects for an hour or two until they climb back down?

I guess what I'm really getting at is -- do any of us have even a glimmer of a chance at seeing a test article from the top of Tikaboo? If I recall correctly, Swiss Mountain Bat was the last one to report actually seeing anything interesting from up there and that was, what, 24 years ago?

(Again, no offense intended to the awesome lunatics who brave 100+ degree hikes to get us sweet panoramas from up there, and we can certainly see base expansion and infrastructure.)

In Reply to: Re: New Area 51 video taken from Tikaboo Peak posted by n01_b4_flash on May 17, 2023 at 16:37:14 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: