Pllanning a trip to Panamint Valley

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by 747Pilot (Member since 07/05/2020) on April 01, 2022 at 18:20:51 PST:

So I know this post isn't related exactly to Area51 but I didn't know where else to post this.

I live in LA and for a long time I have wanted to visit Panamint Valley along with Star Wars canyon and hopefully catch some jets. My birthday is coming up soon and I finally have the opportunity to make the trip and had a couple questions.

So I know that training usually occurs during the week and this year my B-Day is the day after Memorial Day so I planed going that day but I was wondering, what do you think the activity would be like on day like that? I would think there would be a lot of activity considering it’s just after a holiday but what do I know.

Also is there a good time to expect jets to come through or is it just random? I plan to stay in Ridgecrest the night before and then drive the rest of the way in the morning, so I can get there early but I’m not sure how early I need to be or if I can expect activity throughout the day. It would be cool to just park on the side of the road for a few hours and catch a few passes.

Thanks

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title: