Re: Follow-up news story on Raid Area 51 on Rolling Stones incl. FOIA documents

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on October 19, 2021 at 9:10:47 PST:

A media source sent me the article yesterday, asking for comment. Here is my (slightly redacted) reply:

After going through the material I can say with almost certainty that some of it is real and some of it is fabricated. Area 51 would never be referred to as such and is neither officially known as "Homey Airport" nor "Groom Lake". KXTA is a designation often used for Area 51 but not an officially assigned ICAO airport code. And a satellite photo of Area 51 in the doc? Really? It is completely irrelevant for law enforcement on the outside of the perimeter.

Much of the material is cobbled together from various online sources. The doc includes several photos and maps taken from my Dreamland Resort web site. The map legend with mileage and GPS points is verbatim from my site. So is the passage about cell phone service in Rachel. Official sources would have used information from our local phone company, Lincoln County Telephone, instead of from some yahoo’s web site.

Other measures that I know WERE implemented by the authorities are not mentioned anywhere in the documents. I cannot discuss what these are in case a similar situation arises again.

Some material seems to be from law enforcement presentations and other publicly available documents.

As for the "automated deadly force" I can only assume the "automated" part refers to sensors and the "deadly force" to the phrase on old, no longer used, warning signs. As far as I know Area 51 has no "kill bots" on duty...

In summary, mostly bogus but convincing enough for the average Rolling Stone reader.

In Reply to: Follow-up news story on Raid Area 51 on Rolling Stones incl. FOIA documents posted by crossair on October 19, 2021 at 3:58:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]