Re: high zltitude

Message posted by Night Stalker on March 16, 2021 at 13:47:19 PST:

A project like the bottom one, Boeing's BETA concept, seems contemporaneous with the sonic booms of the early 90s. Booms, which I suspect Smythers may be referring to in his previous post.

The ones often documented of an aircraft Mach 4/5+ at 90,000ft - on a day that neither Space Shuttle nor SR-71 were operating.

FWIW, I know concept art is just that, art of something that doesn't exist. However, to me there looks a difference between the images of that aircraft on the ground / take off and that of it when in flight with the other aircraft dropping out. One assumes it would be the same artist.

I've often thought the ground / take off / landing images looks like drawings of actual photos.

It wouldn't surprise me if that project did exist, even if it didn't get past a test stage. Certainly plausible enough, and would explain the need of that huge runway extension....something clearly merited it out of necessity.

Fast forwarding back to the present, are we looking at a possible SR-72 concept / developmental airframe?

In Reply to: Re: high zltitude posted by Max Power on March 16, 2021 at 13:00:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]