Re: Stunning, Awesome, Thanks, and what's next???

Message posted by Frank Stamm on April 09, 2020 at 12:48:15 PST:

First, thanks to Gabe and Joerg for the superb shots. Especially the views we have never seen before, stunning perspective and quality. When Joerg and I did our flight from North Las Vegas (VGT) on May 5, 2004, my conversations with Nellis and Blackjack control prior to launch seemed straight forward, military type language and temperament. However, after preflight, the call to Nellis for contact frequencies seemed more serious. I think I was overly cautious in planning the route, I didn’t know if my renter’s policy would cover me if we were shot down, so we flew a wide berth around the restricted space near Alamo and Rachel. We were also told of fastmovers in the area, so I knew our time was going to be limited. There have been lots of general aviation flights in this area including visits to Rachel. A resident told me his son came up from Vegas to see him often, (RIP Dwayne).
Desert Shadow raises some good questions. Gabe had invaluable experience on how R space works and flew while they were cold. I think this event may cause a conversation within that community. Controllers have some hard and soft discretion on MOA space. Gabe may or may not be able to comment if there are any procedural changes, I hope it will stay the same. My trip report is under FAQ & Visitor Info.

In Reply to: Re: Stunning, Awesome, Thanks, and what's next??? posted by Duke on April 08, 2020 at 16:00:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]