Re: Stunning, Awesome, Thanks, and what's next???

Message posted by Jason S on April 10, 2020 at 8:10:12 PST:

I agree that the intercept and shoot-down scenarios are at the far reaches of the imagination. But the original question does make me wonder. It would be really hard for me to believe that the PA office at either Nellis, Edwards, or Wright-Patt is unaware that this page exists, and doesn't check up on it at regular intervals. This page and others like it. The base is turning 75 this year, and it's been over 40 years since the USAF took it over and beefed up the security complex. They've known since the beginning to get everything inside before satellites pass over. The occasional daytime GA flight in the area is certainly something they have talked about and planned for. A long time ago.

Something to consider is the speed of internet culture and its ability to spiral out of control. As this community found out last year with the Alienstock event, it just takes one post to get enough views and things can very quickly get out of hand. It's not beyond the realm of possibility for someone with enough (political) influence to see these GA flights and pictures as possibly nefarious, and it can get escalated to the point where USAF has to respond and change.

In Reply to: Re: Stunning, Awesome, Thanks, and what's next??? posted by Gabe on April 09, 2020 at 20:06:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]