Tikaboo Peak weather station camera

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Michal n01_b4_flash Rokita (Member since 01/29/2012) on July 08, 2024 at 9:35:58 PST:

Hello Team,

I was looking around on the general date when the Tikaboo weather camera was installed atop of the Peak and realized it must have happened around 2007.

Somewhere in an old books(like Patton's and Wright's ones) I've read an idea or claim that there was another camera looking directly to the path covering its whole distance. It was suggested already in the 90's. My vivid memory stands for the location being mentioned as well but I guess it was just a suppose and not a fact. Wonder how accurate the claim may have been as I've never heard(in any other pub or anywhere else) of any surveillance camera being installed around the Peak, beside the one at the top. Anyone ever heard anything similar and could provide additional details on the matter?

My logic dictates that it could be really difficult thing to have a camera back then, over 20 years ago, that could have a quality to show the whole trail with a resolution allowing to tell a person from an animal. We speaking here about remote cameras. Personally, I'm taking the claim with a big grain of salt.

Kindest regards,
Michal "n01_b4_flash" Rokita
Dreamland Resort Team Member - Field Investigator and Photographer.

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: