FAA regulations in relation to military locations

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on June 25, 2024 at 3:16:55 PST:

Dear Team,

today I'm coming with a somewhat different subject but in relation to our favourite base as well. As we know, airspace R-4808 that covers Groom and surrounding area has special limitations, much more serious than any other airspace in the US and all around the World.

I was researching some other case or point of interest when a thought came to my mind. I was not able to find out a definite answer although I believe the answer may depend on a particular case and that's why I decided to post here with a question.

The airspace outside of "The box" and its close vicinity may be used by a civillian air traffic and even being on atop of Tikaboo I could see airliners on their way to western locations, like San Francisco or Sacramento. Of course these are miles and miles but still you could see the base, runways, biuldings etc. easly. That being said, theoretically, if the base is to launch their 'special' toy, then, are there any off-the-record restrictions provided by FAA(Federal Aviation Administraction), ICAO or IATA that restricts a timespan or airspace coverage merged in distance, that the base needs to take care when they want to conduct rather more sensitive test of of Groom?

For example, let's say the base is to launch their gold one at 5:30am(take-off time) and fly West out to the Pacific, so the plane needs to exit 'the box' and R-4808 airspace and fly through civillian-shared airspace leading over remaining parts of Nevada, California to get over the Pacific waters. That means even with a distance a crew, passengers of supposed civillian aircraft on their way could see the special Groom toy if they both would be airborne at the same time and relatively close to eachother and beside it a radar onboard of a civillian airship could easily spot the unknown one and display spot on a radar screen a crew uses. That and at least a few other factors made me wonder of how it looks like practically and in use in real scenerio. There are plenty of commercial flights taking their way early in the morning onward so the base must take care of it and use some kind of "operational window" or slots to get to desired places without being noticed. But then, are there any particular values or numbers here they go with? My question is of how it is really held and conducted. Anyone has any idea of how these things works and wouldn't mind to share/wouldn't feel uncomfortable to share?

Kindest regards,
Michał "n01_b4_flash" Rokita

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL: