Re: Janet 09

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Blade75769 (Member since 03/31/2006) on May 30, 2024 at 19:44:50 PST:

I am always intrigued when I hear about a Janet going to Pt Mugu. I spent a lot of time working out of that base and I rarely heard any stories concerning them. That's not to say they didn't show up on base. I just don't believe there would ever be anything top secret based there. The biggest issue with Mugu is it's exposure. Even though there are a lot of hangars the base is fairly open and not compartmentalized like Groom. There are way to many people on and around base without security clearances. Now off the coast is San Nic and that's a different story. We know for a fact that an unknown Lockheed aircraft, most likely a UAV, was operating out of there in the 2007-2008 time period. That said there isn't much infrastructure out there for a major project. China Lake is much closer to Groom as far as compartmentalization. You have to have access to go everywhere, especially out in the desert past the main part of the base. It's definitely known that the hangar used in Topgun Maverick has always housed classified stuff. I always found that funny since it's closest to the public highway. My guess is that anyone on a Janet going to Mugu is there to use their extensive array of tracking radars/cameras. Something working off the coast in the vast Pacific Test Range.

In Reply to: Re: Janet 09 posted by Dark side on May 30, 2024 at 1:50:39 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title: