Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo!

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on December 01, 2023 at 11:29:07 PST:

I don't disagree with you. And I certainly appreciate your educated input here in the forum.

We are all here because we are curious. But in the grand scheme of things we are not the threat. The way I look at it: Even if we all decided to not hike Tikaboo any more out of respect for national security, that does not keep the bad guys out. If Tikaboo was a big enough issue "they" would have closed it long time ago. As they did with Freedom Ridge, White Sides and in the 1980's the land NE if Groom Lake. In many years of monitoring the airwaves that was the first time I have ever heard a reference to a mission being scrapped due to an observer on Tikaboo. Or anywhere else, for that matter. It must have been a rather sensitive mission.

In Reply to: Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo! posted by NotTelling on November 30, 2023 at 22:35:35 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: