Re: OT: Help Identifying aircraft or spacecraft.

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Peter Merlin (Member since 11/13/2003) on November 27, 2023 at 6:31:12 PST:

They are no longer there. Shortly after Tyler Rogoway and Joseph Trevithick published their story and pictures on The Drive, a flatbed truck arrived at Smith's QuickCrane and some "government type" told the proprietor that they were there to take the craft away.

Neither X-34 has been seen since. I made a number of inquiries. Apparently, they are not at NASA Armstrong, the Edwards boneyard, the Air Force Flight Test Museum, or the Edwards Precision Impact Range Area (a place where things sometimes get buried). There was a company at the time in Van Nuys that wanted to reverse engineer the X-34 but I don't know if they had any involvement with the disappearance. I'm not even sure the company is still around. They had a bare-bones web site and posted some advertisements in aviation journals to recruit former X-34 program personnel, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know.

In Reply to: Re: OT: Help Identifying aircraft or spacecraft. posted by noelcarry on November 27, 2023 at 5:32:08 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: