Re: Dreamland: The Secret History of Area 51 by Peter Merlin

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Andreas Parsch (Member since 11/19/2001) on November 11, 2023 at 2:08:36 PST:

Hi,

This is going to be off-topic. Sorry for that, but I just _have_ to write it ;-).

Today I was reminded on this complaint about Amazon's shipping:

>> "Mine arrived Friday, most unhappy with what I received. Greasy fingerprints and food remnants on both front and back cover. Pretty obvious someone (probably at Amazon) decided to peruse the book while eating lunch, then packed it for shipment. I consider it a used book, will contact Amazon tomorrow."

Consider yourself lucky that you have received it at all. I had ordered my copy way back in April this year at Amazon Germany (you get good discounts for long-term pre-orders ;-)). When the book was published, it was shipped, and I could follow its progress to the UK, across the EU, through Germany, and finally (this morning) to Munich, where I live. And then came the message, that it will be returned to sender! I contacted Amazon immediately, and was told that the package was "damaged". I argued that _I_ want to decide, if the amount of damage warrants a return (I want to _read_ the book, not put in on display), but to no avail. They insisted on returning it, I get no say in it. Needless to say, I was not amused at all, and dispatched a not-so-friendly comment to Amazon's customer feedback.

For the retry, I found a bookseller in the UK, who has the book in store and who ships to Germany. Wish me luck ;-).

Best
Andreas

In Reply to: Re: Dreamland: The Secret History of Area 51 by Peter Merlin posted by Duke on October 29, 2023 at 9:02:13 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: