Re: B-21 image was bothering me. So I tidied it up

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by NotTelling (Member since 07/02/2023) on October 30, 2023 at 15:25:26 PST:

I think that's a huge stretch.

1) The shadows at the end of each flight control surface are just because the surfaces are drooping and not flush to the adjacent fixed structure (LO aircraft have had flush flight controls since the B-2...nothing cosmic here). The aircraft appears to be pointing such that the sun is at 10-11 o'clock so the shadows make sense.

2) The camera is looking through the engine exhaust...no reason to suspect it's coming from the wings. Besides, hot exhaust coming from the entire wing would create a nightmare IR signature for an aircraft that has no specific need for an active wing.

3) The exhaust looks like a normal LO flat exhaust...again, no reason to think it has (or even needs) thrust vectoring. It's not meant to be highly maneuverable plus it's targeted for high altitude cruise...can't imagine why they would accept the completely unnecessary weight penalty for thrust vectoring.

In Reply to: B-21 image was bothering me. So I tidied it up posted by Smythers on October 30, 2023 at 9:47:33 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: