Re: Project Black on helicopters

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Casper (Member since 01/24/2011) on October 27, 2023 at 13:41:10 PST:

Take this one with a grain of salt, but...

I have a friend whose stepdad was a retired Air Force maintainer. After retirement, he became a contractor and worked "up range."

In the days after the Bin Laden raid, when we started hearing about the modified blackhawk, there was a tweet that went viral - something along the lines of "helicopters over Abbottabad at 3am ... this is unusual."

That tweet was apparently read on the news and he said, "hmmm. I guess they used the old ones." When pressed by his family he added, "The new ones could have been hovering 50 feet over his head and he never would have heard it." And that's all he would say.

Plenty of doubt to the story. A relative of a friend of some guy on the internet ... and we don't know anything of his background. So, as I said, take it with a grain of salt, but it's just about the only helicopter story I've heard from Groom/TTR (at least until I get my copy of Peter's book).

In Reply to: Project Black on helicopters posted by Altner on October 27, 2023 at 9:00:20 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: