Re: Mystery aircraft on a Groom's runway - discussion and images

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on October 17, 2023 at 14:56:47 PST:

No worries Michal, I have deleted the other thread. And I will put together a new page with your photos as discussed when you were here. I will also include a shot of the new triple-hangar at the north Ramp that you were able to verify. For reference, there was construction in that area in satellite images from earlier this year.

Nice catch on the nightly fastmovers! And I am very impressed with your skills to clean up the image in Photoshop.

I still think I see a straight wing Cessna type aircraft in the first set of photos. But the designation as "fastmover" clearly contradicts that.

The second set of photos shows an aircraft in front of the north end of the building that we believe to be the new data center. If it came from the center taxiway and was heading to the north ramp the nose would be on the right. I think I see a canopy below the bright orange light that would be consistent with a two-seater F_16D. But the more I look at it the more I see a twin tail. Odd! A foreign type?

Thanks for sharing your photos! Very nice catch and great photography (at 26 miles distance, at night!) I look forward to seeing what others make of these photos.

In Reply to: Re: Mystery aircraft on a Groom's runway - discussion and images posted by n01_b4_flash on October 17, 2023 at 13:14:06 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: