Re: Big Safari Orbits Over Site 1…

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Pod (Member since 04/14/2021) on September 19, 2023 at 7:01:26 PST:

Last night there was a fairly significant auroral display that was visible as far south as Northern Iowa as well as Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas etc. At any rate, my friend and I were out there with our cameras in central Minnesota. At one point my camera took a series of shots with two objects in parallel going from the horizon to beyond overhead. I didn't notice this until I actually looked at the photos on my computer. Whatever these items were they were not aircraft but satellites of some sort but not Starlink or the usual suspects. Maybe something interesting was being tested. My exposures were 6 seconds apiece and I managed to get 16 photos. The sequence of photos is much like watching fighter jets flying in formation. I'm guessing they were close, but one was slightly forward of the other one. If a lot of activity was happening maybe this was in some way related. I do a lot of night sky photography and I've seen aircraft at night and satellites at night but I haven't seen anything quite like this before.

In Reply to: Re: Big Safari Orbits Over Site 1… posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 19, 2023 at 4:19:51 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: