Re: Spurred on by NoTelling's admonishment - I went digging: B-21 is TINY

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Scot M Tway (Member since 06/02/2004) on August 04, 2023 at 2:06:12 PST:

Personal Observation: In the early 2000's, when F22s were first stationed at Tyndall AFB, Florida. I had the dumb luck to get up close to a F22. A old family friend(With Military ID & Vehicle sticker) got me on the flight line side of the base. The F22s were under Quonset like shelters out on the flight line 100~150 yards away. I was still excited to be even that close!
We turned around at the end of the flight line and proceeded back to the gate when what do we see next to Base Ops? A F22 sitting in a wash rack/stall being washed by 2 subcontractors(Non military by appearance)
We were able to pull up and park not 50 feet from the A/C. It is impossible to describe the "Color/look/texture " of the skin of the F22. It was almost like you couldn't get your eyes to truly focus on it.... Quite an experience I have wondered about ever since!

In Reply to: Re: Spurred on by NoTelling's admonishment - I went digging: B-21 is TINY posted by Smythers on August 02, 2023 at 18:17:23 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: