Re: Water Cooler Talk: Chinese swarm UAV & the nightmares they present

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Smythers (Member since 04/27/2023) on July 16, 2023 at 16:42:52 PST:

My nightmare fuel is a long-dwell seaborne mine-type attack with the device popping up after 3 to 4 years sat on the sea bed inside a rusted out sunken trawler that went down with a mayday.

Should look at the maps with that in mind when you see where Chinese vessels have gone down.

I quote you here "extent of unconventionality they are willing to go to in order to subdue a technologically superior foe". I've written before about the USN's unconventional-warfare cell that is working hard to come up with the devious in order to develop countermeasures.

Now, the good news is that Northrop Grumman and someone else are working on LIDAR that triples that and yet has it all in a low observable housing for exquisite UAV (as well as a giraffe-necked system that is for surface combatants.)

In Reply to: Re: Water Cooler Talk: Chinese swarm UAV & the nightmares they present posted by Ginger on July 16, 2023 at 14:16:31 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: