I did tell you we had a slew of new LIDAR airborne sensors out there...

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Smythers (Member since 04/27/2023) on April 27, 2023 at 11:25:18 PST:

“The future battle space will consist of a myriad of threats from all directions evolving at an unprecedented pace,” says Torrey Cady, vice-president of surveillance and targeting systems at Raytheon
I did tell you a few times in the last year that the 'big four' have some awesome cool LIDAR airborne multi-spectral sensors out there.

Seems as if its all ready to come out into the light of day.

Have a read. Seems as if my water cooler indeed does see into the future.

Intelligence & Space. “Raiven improves platform survivability and keeps the war fighter safe by providing accurate, persistent target observation.”

The system will incorporate hyper-spectral imaging, and light detection and ranging – better known as LiDAR – to enable operators to see up to five times farther and clearer than traditional optical imaging, Raytheon says.

“This helps increase platform survivability and gives the war fighter decision advantage over peer threats,” the company says.

Attached link: https://www.flightglobal.com/helicopters/raytheon-reveals-ai-powered-target-identification-sensor/152945.article

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: