Re: Message for Frenchboy

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Altner (Member since 09/21/2022) on April 25, 2023 at 11:44:00 PST:

I can give you a translation of my message if you wish.

Hi Frenchboy and potentially also to all the other French people who can hang out on this site.
Have you ever heard of any black French project? Unfortunately I think the answer is most likely no (but I'll ask anyway on never knows MDR) because France doesn't have the same budget as the US in defense.

The only one I have heard of personally is the NEURON stealth drone created by Dassault, it seems to me that the public was not aware of the existence of the NEURON during its development and the drone was confidentially assembled at Dassault's facilities on the base of Istres around 2010, but the demonstrator made its first flight in broad daylight in 2012, so this is a kind of revelation to the public.

I think I will follow the development of the F5 standard of our beloved Rafale, and I will take the time to look at the F4 standard that was delivered not long ago.

As far as the SCAF program is concerned, as Dassault is the leader of this program, well I am sure that the first flight of the NGF demonstrator will probably take place at the Istres base but it will have to wait until 2029. we will also have to follow the development of the SCAF program drones, all these interesting things of the SCAF program will probably be at Istres in the future, I am looking forward to see the NGF demonstrator and its capabilities and the moment it will be unveiled to the public.

I find that in France there are not as many interesting things to look at as in the United States, but you still have to be interested in what's going on in France.

In Reply to: Re: Message for Frenchboy posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 25, 2023 at 11:10:15 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: