Re: A hilarious interview with Nellis Air Force Base commander in 1998

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on April 19, 2023 at 21:34:10 PST:

Thanks for the post, Norio. Despite the poor quality the video offers an interesting look at Area 51 research history 25 years ago.

Between time code 2:15 and 5:30 they discuss the White Sides and Freedom Ridge land grab from 1995. See the attached link for more information and photos of the area in question.

The land grab included just under 5,000 acres (from memory 4,996[?]). Per the Engle Act of 1958 seizing over 5,000 acres requires authorization from Congress... a much more complicated process.

The land grab was limited to a certain period of time, which has elapsed. I am not aware that it was renewed. If that is the case, and I am not saying that it is, then Freedom Ridge and White Sides, only 12 and 15 miles from the base, would be accessible to the public again. The warning signs at Roadblock Canyon, marking the extended perimeter, have been removed years ago. However, orange posts remain. I am certainly not going to test this, but some more digging may be in order.

Attached link: Freedom Ridge and Roadblock Canyon

In Reply to: A hilarious interview with Nellis Air Force Base commander in 1998 posted by Norio Hayakawa on April 19, 2023 at 14:54:11 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: