Re: Forthcoming book on history of Area 51

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Peter Merlin (Member since 11/13/2003) on April 05, 2023 at 13:23:00 PST:

You guys kind of stole my thunder. I wasn't really ready to announce this, yet.

First, to Rob's question and comments. I don't know about the eBook format, but everything seems to be going that way these days. I can ask around.

Also, yes, $75 is a steal for this book. The publisher bent over backward to keep it affordable. Seriously, at one point they thought the book would have to be split into two volumes and sold in a slipcover (boxed set). It would have been a very limited print run with a very high price tag. Chris Pocock's "50 Years of the U-2" (which served as my aspirational model) was around 435 pages with 500 illustrations, and cost around $70.

My book is the product of several decades of research. It is based entirely on UNCLASSIFIED source material. that means declassified documents and ones that were never classified to begin with. Anyone who wishes to know what sources I used may consulted the End Notes section that contains more than 1,300 source notes (many listing multiple sources).

Yes, I explain the AURORA mystery.

Yes, I mention QUARTZ/AARS.

You won't find any mention of "Blackstar" or "Black Manta" because I consider them to be essentially fictional.

I will post a longer commentary on my magnum opus at some point, which I planned to do in any event. I had not, however, planned to do so today, so be patient.

In Reply to: Re: Forthcoming book on history of Area 51 posted by Rob on April 05, 2023 at 10:46:08 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: