The Tooth - hmm... a history on its own

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on March 21, 2023 at 16:45:04 PST:

@Smythers

As we all are awaiting for the declassification or at least partial declassification of "The Tooth" I would like to ask about her origins, or let's say, history, lineage(maybe a kind of family tree, who knows?)...

If "The Tooth" is a daughter of her Mother and the 1999 Fastmover sighting(https://www.dreamlandresort.com/trip_reports/trip_020.html) was the 'grandfather', then, is it safe to assume that what we are seeing here is something akin to OXCART family of systems, where one generic and rough design was introduced and the variations or versions came after it summary building their own big family tree, ...or maybe what we are seeing here is just a lineage of different high speed programs that aren't of common gens but rather follows eachother on their capabilities and performance figures, and thus they are lineage?

You know lineage may mean different things... somesay that YC-130 began lineage of the C-130 family of systems, that consists different variations that follows eachother but in reality they are roughly the same aircraft, while others admit that lineage means a group of aircraft with particular capabilities, in this case, high speed and high altitude(then we could include XB-70, SR-71, YF-12 and others to it...).
I just wonder how it is in the case of "The Tooth". Could you give some light on it?

That's amazing... even thinking of that projects give me chills, can't even imagine my reaction when the said frame(s) will see light of a day!

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: