DoD *hush*hush fuel orders

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by BlackWatcher (Member since 01/29/2012) on January 16, 2023 at 4:56:57 PST:

Hi, recently I've been reading through various open sources internet files and sites and found one specific document with general DoD fuel orders for FY2002-2005. If you go through ot you will notice that along with some 'standard' fuels such as JP-8, AV GAS there are some rather more exotic ones. Of course I speaking here of high flash point fuel - JP-7. Now... think about it. JP-7 is the fuel used and guzzled by good old SR-71 Blackbird. Nah... funnnily enough, she was retired in 1998 finally so what else followed it using the same kind of fuel? Hush hush *Aurora* hush hush thoughts anyone?

The only thing that makes me think is that the value of the order of the fuel in question is the same for each of the continous years between 2002-2005 which is unusual as other fuels differs during the years.

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Portals/45/Documents/defbudget/fy2004/budget_justification/pdfs/01_Operation_and_Maintenance/Overview_Book/43_Fuel_Rates.pdf

Attached link: DoD JP-7 fuel orders 2002-2005

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title: