Re: Freedom of Speech under attack

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on December 11, 2022 at 17:00:27 PST:

This incident is far worse, but it is not the first time I have been targeted by military personnel who did not like what I was doing. I have never mentioned this publicly, and not many of my close friends even know about this. But here goes:

Many years ago, probably around 2010, I had applied for a media pass for the Nellis air show as I had (and was granted) in previous years. When I checked in at the main gate I was detained and "severely questioned" by two Air Force police officers. They made it abundantly clear that they did not like my web site or what I was doing. After maybe 15 minutes of verbal abuse I was let go. Needless to say, without the media pass.

I contacted Nellis PA about the incident and much to my surprise received a long personal reply from a high ranking officer at the base. He not only apologized for the incident but personally invited me to attend the next year's show. While he did not specifically say so it was quite clear that the gate personnel acted on their own, without authorization.

In Reply to: Re: Freedom of Speech under attack posted by Peter Merlin on December 11, 2022 at 16:29:22 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: