Re: Today's click bait

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Pod (Member since 04/14/2021) on December 08, 2022 at 8:09:42 PST:

It just quickly did a left turn into the already seen info we know about SR-72. I do think the Darkstar is a wicked looking aircraft that could be plausibly "real" if there was a reason for it. The mock up on display at the Edwards air show sure looked nice but as hollywood props go I think this is one of the few times a major defense contractor was used to produce a plausible prop for a film. As you can see in some of the pics it was smaller than the SR-71 and the reason for its small size was they were given a hangar on base to film out of that was a given size and the "aircraft" had to be able to fit inside it. If I remember right, someone mentioned that parts of it were made out of wood but there you go. Maybe by the time there's a Top Gun 3 made there will be a flying SR-72 they'll graft a cockpit onto so Tom Cruise can do the "do over" test flight.

In Reply to: Today's click bait posted by Mark on December 08, 2022 at 7:58:50 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: