Re: YF-220 mistake in biography (deja vu YF-24)

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Q-nimbus (Member since 08/20/2020) on November 19, 2022 at 7:46:41 PST:

A copy from my post on Secret Projects:

A few observations and questions:

There is a ‘Form 8’ mentioned. I understand a Form 8 is the USAF official piece of paper where your checkride/flight evaluation is annotated. Does this tell us anything about the kind of aircraft he flew? Would an experimental or captured foreign aircraft require these check rides for example?

Then, but this is speculation based on his resume: I wouldn’t be surprised that the reason that the F-117 is active again is that they act as a cover for a black program, just as the A-7’s were a cover for the F-117’s. All his public assignments on his biography have to do with the F-16, F-22 and F-35, and as far as I can see have little or nothing to do with the F-117. I think we can safely assume that the periods were his data is masked certainly have something to do with the YF-220 and the X-273.

I understood that the F-117’s were flown by Lockheed test pilots. I don’t think that if Col. Dan Javorsek was assigned as a test pilot with Lockheed on the F-117 that that would get his data masked, but I could be wrong - we just don’t know - but I think it’s unlikely. It certainly would draw a lot less attention to his bio than two classified aircraft.

Thinking along these lines it wouldn’t be a stretch to reason that the YF-220 and the X-273, or perhaps both, have something to do with the F-117.

OR, and even more likely, the YF-220 is the NGAD. The X-273 and YF-220 might even be different designations for the same aircraft.

A very interesting find!

In Reply to: YF-220 mistake in biography (deja vu YF-24) posted by Smythers on November 19, 2022 at 7:26:10 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: