Re: One black night at Boscombe Down in 1994 - rumors, evidence,

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by George Parris (Member since 04/23/2012) on September 23, 2022 at 1:37:07 PST:

Hello Frank, anorak here. I have the flight progress strip somewhere for the outbound trip to PMD, was it LANCE18? But I read somewhere recently that it was taking (or receiving) choppers for test which seems plausible whether fact or fiction.

To echo Quellish and Frank, I too spent far too long trying to get to the bottom of this and conclude that nothing exciting happened other than the hang up of the towed decoy from a resident Tornado.

I, in Southampton, plus others in quarters at RAF Lyneham and doing the walk of shame at 0400 near Farnborough - all 30miles from Boscombe Down - heard weird, loud, freight train noises around the time, plus a UFO report from a security guard at Southampton Uni, plus my brother in law stuck in a traffic jam as the A303 was closed, plus the night shift ATC colleague reports of 'something going on' at Boscombe Down and SAS helicopter activity, there's no actual evidence.

With a couple of others, was interviewed by the well-respected journo Nick Cook about the 'incident' as a pilot episode for a TV series against the fence at Boscombe Down one misty day. Hopefully it's not on youtube somewhere!

We've worked with folks who were in ATC at Boscombe Down at the time. None of these have ever supported any notion of a secret aircraft prang. Now, like Groom Lake, they may not have been on duty while anything secret happened but the rumour network is so strong that they would have heard whispers. And as civilians, they are not prone to keep anything secret and are hugely into aviation so would be curious.

As for reports of the Janet 737 at Boscombe Down.... I don't think so.

In Reply to: Re: One black night at Boscombe Down in 1994 - rumors, evidence, posted by Frank McAvennie on September 23, 2022 at 0:02:47 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: