Re: Sentinel image - cloud or aircraft ?

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by desertfox (Member since 03/29/2022) on August 26, 2022 at 14:00:12 PST:

95% of me says cloud cover. 5% of me says needle in a haystack. Below is the 5%.

The image seems a little more solid than the other shadows. Other shadows which cover the pavement allow you to see the lines on the pavement, just barely. You cant see the lines under that particular shadow, but that could be due to a variety of factors that don't involve clandestine aircraft.

Howevah.....I want to challenge point 2 ever so slightly by pointing out that protocols are not bulletproof. Recall the image of "something" in a very similar location to this here shadow, spotted by satellites in Feb.

From The Drive:

"No, I can't," Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown told Defense One's Marcus Weisgerber when he subsequently asked if he could say what it was that was seen in the satellite image of Area 51. "What I will tell you is that many moons ago when … capability in space was less proliferated, we had times we could actually do things and not be seen. It is harder to do things and not be seen."

Its easier for me to see how they messed up by leaving a prototype fighter out there than an ISR platform, but sloppiness is sloppiness.

Attached link: Next Generation Air Dominance ‘Fighter’ Is Still Being Competed

In Reply to: Re: Sentinel image - cloud or aircraft ? posted by Peter Merlin on August 26, 2022 at 13:14:50 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: