Sharing scanner live from Rachel

Help keep this
web site online

>>> We are still 25% short of our monthly goal. Please help keep Dreamland Resort online. <<<

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Nick (Member since 07/18/2019) on June 14, 2022 at 4:26:42 PST:

Hi Joerg,

I've saw a couple of post the couple of past months if it's possible for you to stream scanner radio over the internet. You said that a 100mbit connection would set you back 300+ dollars. What connection are you running at the moment? Because I was thinking, to send out audio only requires a little connection, if you have 1mbit to spare it can work already. You'll need some hardware to send it out 24/7 (like a simple Raspberry Pi).

I don't know what rates in the US do for datacaps and such and if you have one.
Starlink would also be an option, but 99 bucks a month is alot. I doubt you can get that from the members, or maybe crowdfund 1200$ + 600$ = 1800$ for a year of Starlink?

I would give to a crowdfund, if you got the money would you have the time to set something like that up? Also think of some advertising on such a stream, could be a great opportunity. Maybe even some businesses are interested (or the Chinese will pay for it, haha).

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: