Re: Glenn Campbell Passing

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Richard Brick Allen Wilbur (Member since 04/26/2022) on April 27, 2022 at 0:14:37 PST:

1994, Me and my girlfriend, Jennifer Colleen Foster from Lansing Michigan, drove across the US to A51 for our second trip there since 1993. We stumbled onto the A51 research center where we met Glen. We spoke for a few minutes but he was interested in the Ford Explorer we rented in Amarillo. Specifically, he climbed under it to inspect the ground clearance and what could get scraped or hung up on. The other thing I remember is quizzing him on how to remove a node from a B-tree, in computer programming. Just to see if he was lying about being a programmer. He explained how to do it correctly so I believed him not to be a Govt plant or disinfo agent. The next time we met him was at the UFO Symposium(The Science and Politics of UFO Research) in St. Paul Minnesota Nov.1994. He left behind his laptop computer, and we grabbed it to bring to the Conference center front desk. On the way in the elevator we ran into him, George Knapp, Stanton Friedman, Dick Haines, and another Ufologist or so. I gave Glenn his computer and he was surprised he had forgotten it. He thanked me and then we eventually talked to Dick Haines, and Knapp. They had some test tubes with little nanosize spheres, which they wanted me to bring back to Michigan and have them put under the Scanning Tunneling Microscope that I told them about. I was honored they trusted me but I didnt want the responsibility if I lost them. I regret that I didnt take the vials with me and test them!
I loved Glenns Desert Rat online mag, and Alt.alienvisitors chats back in 1990(?) I bought a couple of his Area51 patches, may have lost them over the years :(,
He posted a guide on how to get to the top of Freedom Ridge, we didnt follow it exactly, and got lost bigtime. Very interesting story Jennifer and I have about this.

If it wasnt for Glenn, I probably would have never gotten to Area51. Since then, I have been there 7 or 8 times, with 2 times(1994 and 2017) seeing some very very weird lights flying around super fast.

Glenn made Area51/Groomlake very interesting and fun.
Thank you Glenn for turning your life upside down and exposing this base. You went thru a lot of shit thru those years. I am sad to see that you have passed.
Rest in Peace.

In Reply to: Glenn Campbell Passing posted by Mike on January 23, 2022 at 13:48:58 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: