The Neighbors

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Art Bell (Member since 03/16/2022) on March 22, 2022 at 7:32:26 PST:

Let's make their privacy top priority here, but I'm curious about the Medlin family.

Does anyone (likely Joerg) have a fix on what happened with the Medlin Ranch? It was up for sale recently (or maybe it was a while ago... Covid timewarp, ya know?) did anyone else ever move in? Did anyone ever visit them? I saw a video on YouTube once taken by a family that arranged to stop by on their way through, one of them had a camera running, and Steve seemed like a great guy. I haven't been able to find that video again, I'm not sure if we'd wanna post it here anyhow, because I'm not positive that Steve knew he was being filmed.

Changing gears, let's speculate a bit; the government/Air Force at Groom struck a deal of sorts with the Medlin's that allowed them into 'the border' of the base for ranching purposes, and the ability to communicate with the base via radio. I would guess that they wouldn't be interested in striking the same deal with any new tenants, what does everyone think about that? Anyone know any interesting stories about the Medin's interactions with the base? They were neighbors for decades, I'm sure there's stories there.

Does anyone know if the Medlin's were ever able to see into the base? Groom Lake is obviously very secure, but the Medlin family's property extended into the hills that surround the base. If it was the 1980's and I was Steve Medlin...

Lastly, does anyone know anything about the nearby Penoyer Farms? They would have job applications available in the recent past, it was always tempting to drop everything and spend a couple years in the desert!

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: