Re: A division of Raytheon is acquiring FlightAware

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on September 03, 2021 at 20:25:08 PST:

Well, I'd say there goes the chance of ever getting unfiltered data from Flightaware. Their historic flight data is unmatched, but most of the aircraft I am interested in are filtered out in their service. So I find myself going back to the somewhat clunky UI of ADSBExchange.

BTW: After feeding them data for over a year, greatly improving their coverage of the NTTR, I recently contacted the ADSBExchange support suggesting improvements in the historic search and pointing out a bug in their date display of historic data. The answers were a simple "No" to the former and "Then don't use it" to the latter. Their support rep really has great people skills! I really wish there was an unfiltered alternative but after the sale of Flightaware to a company with many government contracts I don't think Flightaware is going to be it.

In Reply to: A division of Raytheon is acquiring FlightAware posted by Mark on September 03, 2021 at 18:49:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]