Re: ADS-B: which service/gear do people here use?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on August 22, 2021 at 13:24:56 PST:

I use a Nooelec NESDR wideband SDR stick that plugs into the USB port. They used to sell them for about $20. It works quite well with the SDRSharp software. Scans the mil air band in about 8 seconds. Using it I found about a dozen or so new freqs. this past Red Flag, including a couple of Dreamland mission freqs.

I would love to upgrade to the Airspy R2, which is much faster. It scans the mil. air band in about 2 seconds. But at $120 its a bit pricey.

Still learning the SDRSharp software. Its quite easy to get results with quickly and I keep discovering new neat tricks it can do, including a voice activated recorder while band scanning.

For a simpler software I also use CubicSDR that I personally find easier to use if I just want to tune to a specific frequency or preset.

Both programs allow defining of presets. However, you cannot scan the presets, only band scan. Still looking for a program that can scan a bank of presets like a scanner.

In Reply to: Re: ADS-B: which service/gear do people here use? posted by Theran Davis on August 22, 2021 at 11:18:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]