Re: New microwave relay tower near the Groom Lake Road guard shack

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on August 16, 2021 at 21:13:11 PST:

Security systems become obsolete, people figure out how to detect and trick them. I heard someone even published photos of the sensors currently in use... :-)

Over the last 10 years a network of FLIR cameras was installed along the back side of the Groom Range to further secure that area. (see attached link)

And in preparation of the Storm Area 51 event the base spent many times the $250k that our county spent for extra security.

Look at the construction at the back gate. In my 22 years in the area this is the third major security upgrade there.

In the summer months I hear Sheriffs deputies being dispatched to one of the border points to pick up intruders at least once a month. I don't have any long time stats but I'll ask Sheriff Lee next time I see him if those numbers are available. My guess they really have not changed much in the last 10 years or so.

Attached link: New FLIR Camera Network along the Area 51 Perimeter

In Reply to: Re: New microwave relay tower near the Groom Lake Road guard shack posted by Peter on August 16, 2021 at 20:31:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]