Re: Brazel Ranch

Message posted by Peter Merlin (Member since 11/13/2003) on July 27, 2021 at 10:15:40 PST:

Stefano, it sounds like you may be referring to the the wooden shed on the old Foster Ranch near Roswell, New Mexico, where Mac Brazel stored the debris he found on the prairie in July 1947. If so, that subject is quite a bit off-topic for this forum.

I hope the other forum members will refrain from attacking you for veering away from the subject of Area 51 and into the realm of UFO topics.

That said, and since the subject has been raised, I will say that I have not heard anything about the shed being destroyed. It would be a pity, if true, but it was not built to withstand the test of time. The shed was likely old even in 1947, and that was more than 70 years ago.

Like it or not, the so-called "Roswell Incident" has become an inseparable part of the UFO mythos. It really should have remained a year footnote to UFOlogy. The events unfolded over a brief span, punctuated by headlines that first stirred excitement and then quickly quashed the uproar. At the time, the Las Vegas Review Journal published an excellent summary of events.

Subsequent researchers have shown to my satisfaction that the Roswell Incident had nothing to do with extraterrestrials. Additionally, I am endlessly disappointed that Roswell is constantly - and erroneously - being entangled with the story of Area 51. This only serves to muddy the waters and obscure the true history of Groom Lake.

In Reply to: Brazel Ranch posted by Stefano Muscas on July 27, 2021 at 9:13:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]