Re: Flightradar24 Alerts for US Military 7700 Squawks

Message posted by Duke (Member since 08/27/2019) on July 09, 2021 at 17:06:00 PST:

No surprise, that was the point I was making when I asked about the 7700 squawk being a function of the type/level maintenance performed prior to an FCF. Generally, a checklist item isn't undertaken on an FCF unless the corresponding system/subsystem was affected by the maintenance performed. That can include testing something that was only removed, then reinstalled to facilitate maintenance on another item.

So how long would the squawk last in the scenario you described? Seconds? A minute? I've seen squawks last for a lot longer than what I would expect for a functional check, especially emergencies declared out over the water. The fact I'm seeing as many military 7700 squawks as I am on FR24 is the real issue. Until a few months ago, I almost never saw them. Now they are fairly routine. Still curious what changed?

In Reply to: Re: Flightradar24 Alerts for US Military 7700 Squawks posted by Gabe on July 09, 2021 at 13:38:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]