Re: Just where did PEA (Penetrating Electronic Attack) vanish to?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on April 01, 2021 at 14:12:30 PST:

I am picking up a mission of some sort most week nights. Some nights two and three different missions. As I am sure you know, the problem is that what we can pick up in the clear is in code. They refer to test cards, steps and reference points that have no meaning unless you sat in on the mission briefing. With the air-ground "tango mike" digital voice link, Have Quick and who knows what other secure comms I am surprised that we can even pick up anything at all any more in the clear.

The attached clip of Jester 61 in the ranges that I recorded yesterday contains a rare reference in clear coordinates. So I know we had (very likely) an F-35 from Edwards using the callsign Jester 61 enter the ranges from the west, dropping something about 2.5 miles SW of Mellan and then returning to Edwards. But we have no idea what was dropped.

What is interesting is that Jester checked in with "Mustang" when approaching the ranges. A call sign I have not heard before.

Attached link: Jester 61

In Reply to: Re: Just where did PEA (Penetrating Electronic Attack) vanish to? posted by Smythers on April 01, 2021 at 5:04:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]